We are looking for a design leader with a passion for cutting edge technology, both software and hardware. An experienced team player who thrives on building design team culture, you love facing complex product and UX problems that haven’t been solved before. You’re looking for a product that’s new and meaningful enough to give you space for career-defining work, and for a company that you can leave your personal mark on.
This Head of Design role will lead our Product & Design team in our San Francisco office. This is a decidedly early stage company; the product, the experience, and the business are all rapidly evolving, and you will have a seat at the table in determining the overall product roadmap—what we focus on and more importantly, why. You’ll drive creative work on all the ways we touch our consumer; not just the app, but the broader brand, product packaging, retail experience, and even the eyewear materials and designs themselves.
You will have and can articulate a vision of the customer experience, are passionate about customer needs, obsessive about quality and can deliver measurable outcomes. You apply a well-honed sense of taste in your visual designs, while being hungry for direct customer insights and research at all stages of the design process.
- Lead design efforts from concept to market of large and small initiatives, with an emphasis on simple and modern user-centered design principles
- Apply strong user experience, design and research fundamentals to deliver intuitive customer journeys that will inspire and align teams. Can not only create wireframes, storyboards, design specs and final feature designs, but also coach teams to deliver the same
- Advocate for the customers’ needs. Seek customer and cross-functional team feedback proactively and continuously improve the team’s output
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple design milestones and deliverables and successfully ship and iterate on consumer experiences
- Be well-versed and experienced designing within an iOS environment
- Able to measure outcomes and the quality of a customer experience
- Determine user research direction for the company. Participate in and leverage user research and testing feedback to inform and validate design decisions
- 10+ years of product design experience with at-least 3 years in a product design leadership role where you have managed individual contributors, as well as teams. Experience with mobile design is a must. Experience e-commerce and designing physical products is a plus
- Demonstrated fluency in aligning and communicating user-centered design principles, graphic design, and web standards
- Demonstrated experience in strategizing and analyzing measurable objectives and outcomes for customer experience
- Portfolio showcasing projects that demonstrate your problem-solving process as well as pixel-perfect design solutions
- Experience executing product design process, tools and systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate design rationale and thinking. Ability to inspire and get people on-board
Apply here via AngelList.